The Importance of PR & Communication and Content Marketing during Dubai Expo 2020
Dubai Expo 2020 is more than just an international event that gathers people from all over the globe. Visitors can look forward to a unique, immersive experience that showcases the best in arts & culture, architecture, innovation & technology, entertainment, business and entrepreneurship, in one place. It is also a convention that provides an avenue for business owners to promote their products and services , build connections, share ideas, and learn from the best in their respective industries.
The Expo Pavilions and Districts are shaped around the theme ‘Connecting Minds, Creating the Future’, which aims to leave a lingering significance on the path of human progress. Subthemes of Expo 2020 include Opportunity – to unlock individuals’ potential and for communities to shape the future, Mobility – for more productive physical and virtual movement, and Sustainability – which focuses on respecting and living in balance with our only home; Planet Earth.
Expo 2020 Dubai presents a great chance for businesses and organisations of all types and sizes to connect, grow, promote and learn. To make the most of your company’s participation or presence at Expo 2020, it is important that you come prepared with a well thought out PR messaging, business communication plans and content marketing strategies.
How can Public Relations benefit your brands during Expo 2020?
If you’re unsure as to how your brand can benefit from Expo 2020 through PR & communication – In2 Consulting has prepared some points to think about below.
● Start early! Make sure to set up your media interviews, column features, Q&As, and articles well in advance. Getting visibility ahead of Expo is vital to your PR success. The majority of chances for media opportunities will have passed if you wait until the actual event starting in October 2021. Another thing to note is that monthly magazines work at least 4-6 weeks ahead so to maximize your visibility, plan your PR for the Expo ahead.
● Consider matching your message with the key themes and events of Expo 2020. Explore the relevant angles that suit your business and the products and services you offer well.
● Identify what the local or regional media are focusing on in terms of content that you could contribute to. In this way, you will be able to incorporate things that match your own business and PR plan.
● Share relevant news and updates from Expo on your channels, like websites and social media.
● Inform your partners, customers, and other target audiences that you will be taking part in Expo so that they will be aware of your brand’s presence at the event.
● Seek out opportunities to showcase your thought leadership on certain topics such as arranging potential webinars or event speaking openings leading up to Expo 2020.
Expo 2020 Dubai has a lot to offer and we at In2 Consulting are looking forward to helping brands and businesses make the most out of their participation in this unique event for the region.
If you are looking for any type of PR or communication support before, during or after Expo 2020 you can contact us for a free 30 minute strategy call to define a high level plan that could work for you.